This is the life of a cat owner. They never like what you think they'll like, they never react like you think they will react and they never do what you think they are going to do!
I found this on the internet - I can't claim to have written it but it really struck a chord.
The Life of a Cat Owner
1. Lovingly caressing your cat's belly until it suddenly thanks you by clawing your arm to mince.
2. Wondering how you can ever thank your cat for its precious gift of a freshly decapitated pigeon delivered straight to your pillow.
3. Coming home to find someone has coughed up what appears to be Donald Trump's hair on your carpet.
4. Never being quite sure if your cat likes you, or it's trying to work out the best way to conquer and then eat you.
5. Attempting to read a newspaper while your cat sets about trying to destroy it using only its head.
6. Remembering the days when you woke up to an alarm clock rather than being repeatedly punched in the face.
7. Injuring your spine by sleeping in an S shape because your cat has commandeered the middle of the duvet.
8. Knowing that if you collapsed your cat would spring into action to use your body as a bed.
9. Spending mega bucks on new toys only for them to be snubbed in favour of a screwed up piece of paper and an old cardboard box.
10. Returning home from holiday and fearing your cat will never acknowledge your existence again.
My sassy, grumpy cat Toffee, who epitomises the above, is also taking part in the A to Z Challenge. Take a look here: www.notsosweettoffee.com
* * * * * * *If you are a cat lover - especially a lover of the grumpier members of the species, this is the book for you. Written by Toffee who, despite her name, is the least sweet cat you can imagine. The world according to Toffee exists to serve her and woe betide anyone who forgets it. Paperback on left, Kindle version on right.
Follow That's Purrfect on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram
*Take a look at The Best Cat Products In The World. You'll love them!
Never miss a funny picture, mad video or hot cat news. Subscribe to That's Purrfect and we'll email you every time the website is updated. All you have to do is pop your email address in the 'subscribe' form in the panel below.